You won’t make a mess when you use Chef Jodie’s nifty tricks to cut fruit!
Today we are using an orange.
- Top and tail it, which means slice off either end so you have a flat surface to work on
- Use a serrated knife and cut the skin off top to bottom, working your way around the orange
- Go back and take off any parts of skin you missed
To segment the orange:
- Use the lines in the orange, with a small knife cut along the white lines to cut the segments out
This creates nice slices of orange without skin, great for kids and lunch boxes.
An alternative method:
- Cut across the orange in between the two ends
- You can now cut wedges without the pith but with skin on