Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
VIVE COOKING SCHOOL (VIVE) TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Bookings and Full payment is required in advance.
- Pre-paid gift cards are also regarded as payment. You can book online using you gift card code at checkout for payment. Please note that gift cards cannot be used to pay for private events.
- All gift cards are non-exchangeable, non-refundable and non-transferable.
- All adult classes are for 16 years and above, unless otherwise stated in the class description.
- In the case where children are allowed to attend an adult class, they have to be 12 years old and above. Please note that any child under 16 will have to be accompanied by an adult.
- All junior classes are strictly for children aged 7 years old till 15 years old. We reserve the right to refuse entry to a child if we feel he/she is too small to attend the class without running the risk to injure him/herself.
- If we haven’t reached the minimum number of 6 participants for a class, we reserve the right to cancel the class up to 7 days prior to its date. We will inform you within 7 days of the class date and we will give you a credit note valid for 6 months to rebook for another class at a later date.
- If we have to cancel a class due to unforeseen circumstances, you will be notified as soon as possible and we will give you a credit note valid for 6 months for you to rebook another class.
- Please note our Terms & Conditions have been updated temporarily in light of the COVID-19. Please refer to this page.
- As a fully operational cooking school, VIVE utilise nuts, wheat, dairy, sugar and other raw natural ingredients and wholefoods on our premises every day. VIVE is aware of potential allergies to these foods and the severity of the reactions some individual may experience.
- In the interest of safety and comfort of everybody attending our cooking classes, VIVE has a “General Public Allergy Policy”. This policy applies to all people entering the premises, whether you attend a general VIVE cooking class or a private event. Please see our General Public Allergy Policy page for more information and to fill in the indemnity form if needed prior to booking a class.
- VIVE reserves the right to refuse entry to a cooking class or a private event on the day (with no refund or class transfer available) if the student has a known allergy and hasn’t informed us prior to attending the class or hasn’t filled in the indemnity form.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS WHEN ATTENDING VIVE
- START TIME: Classes run by VIVE will start on time. We advise students to arrive on time for the beginning of the class. We kindly ask that you arrive no earlier than 15 minutes prior to class commencing as we will be preparing for your class until this time.
If a student is late for a class, it is their responsibility to catch up with the rest of the class and minimise disruption as VIVE instructors will not have the time to interrupt the class and begin again for every late student.
- STUDENT HEALTH RESPONSIBILITY: You will not attend if you have become ill within 48 hours before your class with any diseases such as colds and flu, diarrhoea, vomiting… As those sorts of diseases can be spread through food, we need to protect all our students.
VIVE reserves the right to refuse entry to a cooking class on the day (with no refund or class transfer available) if a student is deemed unwell and at the risk of infecting others during the class.
- STUDENT ATTIRE: This is an immersive, hands-on class. You will be on your feet most of the time so please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes.
- CLASS INGREDIENTS: As we are committed to serve you only the freshest produce, please note that some of the class menus may vary slightly depending on product availability on the day.
- CLASS RECORDING: Please note that cameras are placed in the school and the classes can be filmed and broadcasted live within the precinct of VIVE and the Cannery.
Some classes may be recorded and part of the content may be used for promoting future classes on VIVE online channels, including (but not restricted to) Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and both on our blog and newsletter.
- RIGHT TO REFUSE: VIVE reserves the rights to refuse a student to attend a class/during the class if the instructor or one of his assistants feels they are intoxicated or may cause harm to themselves or anyone else attending the scheduled class or event.
- RELEASE OF LIABILITY: When participating in a cooking class or event where the students or participants will be around or using sharp and potentially dangerous tools suitable to a kitchen environment, the student releases indemnifies and excludes VIVE and its employees from any and/or liability of any kind for any damage or injury incurred while attending or visiting VIVE. **Please be very careful using sharp tools (e.g. knives, microplane, stick blender etc) and hot surfaces (e.g. oven, induction, deep fryer).
- DAMAGE/LOSS OF PERSONAL PROPERTY: VIVE will take all necessary care, but accepts no responsibility for the damage to or loss of merchandise left in the venue prior to, during or after a class or event. VIVE is not responsible for the loss or damage of personal items in any form. If a student does happen to leave an item in class, the student has 14 days to retrieve the item otherwise VIVE will donate it to charity.
- DAMAGE/LOSS of VIVE PROPERTY: The student or function organizer may be held financially responsible for any damage to or loss of VIVE property during the class or event. The cost of repairing any damage to walls, doors or other parts of the property as a result of inappropriate conduct will be charged to the person or hiring company involved.
- CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND THE CONTROL OF VIVE: Should VIVE be unable to provide for your class or event due to circumstances beyond the control of VIVE, VIVE is not responsible for any costs, damages or expenses that you may suffer or incur.
- WEBSITE: This website is owned and operated by VIVE Cooking School. The use of this website is subject to our terms and conditions.
In light of the COVID-19 situation, we have reviewed our cancellation policy. Please find our temporary Terms & Conditions in relation to our Cancellation Policy on our COVID-19 page update HERE.
Click here to check our FAQ.