def: Moqueca De Peixe – Traditional Brazilian Fish Stew
- 1 brown onion, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 green capsicum, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 red capsicum, cut into 1cm pieces
- 4cm-piece ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 long fresh red chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, cut into 1cm pieces
- 300ml coconut milk
- 175ml chicken stock
- 1 firm white fish fillet, cut into 4cm pieces
- 6 large green prawns, peeled, tails intact, deveined
- 1 sprig chopped fresh coriander
- ½ lime, juiced
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Steamed rice, to serve
Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook the onion for 3 minutes or until soft.
Stir in combined capsicum, ginger, garlic and half the chilli for 3 minutes or until aromatic. Stir in tomato for 5 minutes or until soft. Stir in coconut milk and stock.
Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low.
Add the fish and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add the prawns and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until cooked. Stir in chopped coriander, lime juice and half the shallot. Top with the coriander leaves, and the remaining chilli and shallot.
Serve with rice.
By creating an Account on our service, you agree to subscribe to newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information we may send. However, you may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
You understand that your content (not including credit card information), may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Credit card information is always encrypted during transfer over networks.