Prosciutto di Parma Masterclass with Luca Ciano
This is not the hands-on cooking class you are custom to see at VIVE, but rather a unique opportunity to witness an incredibly passionate and knowledgeable Chef sharing his skills, tips, and his stories while cooking up a 3 course meal just for you: Sit down, relax and let the Chef do the magic just for you.
On the Menu:
- Mini focaccias with Prosciutto di Parma, grilled nectarines, stracciatella cheese, rosemary & balsamic dressing, mix leaves
- Fresh Tagliatelle with Prosciutto Parma two ways, asparagus and Parmigiano Reggiano warm sabayon
- Prosciutto di Parma & cow’s milk ricotta fritters with Fresh Tomato Basil Chilli jam
No Spots Left
About Chef Luca Ciano
Born and raised in the culinary capital of Milan, Italy. It was destiny that Luca inherited his passion for food and culinary exploration in his homeland. Luca’s interest and passion for food commenced with his Mum and Nonna when he was just eight years old, taking his first few steps with them in the direction of becoming a chef. Luca’s established career includes the famous 2 Michelin-starred restaurant ”Il Luogo di Aimo e Nadia” in Milan, as well as international roles at London’s Millennium Gloucester Hotel, Relais & Chateaux in Bermuda, and in Australia, his adopted homeland at the Sheraton on the Park, The Westin in Sydney and Cypress Lakes Resort in the Hunter Valley. In 2001/2002, he took part in the Salon Culinaire International de Londres Competition where he was awarded a medal for Senior Pasta Class, and a Merit Award in the Nestle’ Master Chef Grand Prix. A number of his signature dishes from Luca’s London roles have been published in Chefs of Distinction (2003 and 2004 editions). In 2008 Luca joined Barilla Australia & Asia, where he established the iconic “Casa Barilla” cooking school, where he developed a catalogue of regular hands-on cooking classes and demonstrations in Sydney. Based on regional Italian gastronomy, and showcasing the variety of Italy’s cuisine, Luca has travelled with this concept around Australia, New Zealand across Asia. In 2012 Luca was awarded in Italy by APCI (Professional Italian Chef Association) ‘Les Toques Blanches D’Honneur’, honorary professional career award. Luca was a contributor to the Australian BBC Good Food Magazine from 2010-2013, where several of his signature Italian regional dishes have been published on a regular basis. Luca currently consults for restaurants, hotels, magazines and Italian brands in Australia and around the world, providing guidance and assistance in their daily operations, as well as part of his ambassador roles. Luca has appeared on Channel 7’s The Morning Show, ABC & 2GB Radio and TVSN. In 2015, Luca released his own signature product range which includes hand made pasta sauces and Olive Oils and his best selling cookbook, LUCA’S SEASONAL JOURNEY, was released in April.Read More
- A crafted Italian 3 course meal, designed around Prosciutto di Parma.
- To attend a cooking demonstration before sitting down at the dining area to enjoy the food cooked by the Chef.
- Expert knowledge and insights from Luca himself.
- A complimentary welcome Riccadonna Proscecco glass to awaken your senses.
- A complimentary Birra Moretti served during dinner.
- A complimentary best-selling Luca’s Seasonal Journey Cookbook valued at RRP $49.99.
- Your love of Italian food and your appetite.
- Cooking is all about team-work and sharing a good time, so the workstations are designed for two people. Therefore, if you have purchased one ticket only for this class and are coming by yourself, you will be paired with another guest. A great way to make new friends!
The VIVE Experience is best appreciated with a minimum of 6 guests in the kitchen. If this number hasn’t been reached 7 days prior to the class, VIVE Cooking School reserves the right to cancel it.
Important COVID-19 Update
- Hand-sanitizer will be made available.
- You will need to register your details on the Service NSW Safe Check-in app.
- One of our team member will check your temperature.
- You must wear face mask during the class.
- Disposable food-grade gloves will be made available.
- Individual eating-ware, drinking glass, water jugs will be provided at each workstation.
To combat the spread of the virus and to keep everyone safe, we can’t do it all alone, and we need your help. This is why we ask our students for the following:
- Please respect the social distancing rules, and stay at your allocated workstations.
- If you feel unwell before the class, please stay home and get in touch with us via email.
- Please refer to our COVID-19 update page for more information.
A truly unique experience to share with your friends
Cooking Skills that will last you a lifetime
Delicious dishes to enjoy with your fellow classmates during the class
Take Recipes Home
The recipes for all the dishes prepared during the class
Empowering your inner chef
Sydney’s hottest Cooking School, for passionate foodies who are searching for a deeper connection with how they shop, source, prepare and share food. VIVE is a place to Nourish, Inspire and Share.