COVID Update 25/03/22: The safety of both our students and staffs remain our number one priority. To learn more about our updated safety protocol, please refer to our COVID Safety plan.
French Bread Making & Baking Class
We all love classic French bread but often think they are too hard to achieve. In this class, we will show you how with a few basic techniques you can wow your guests with delicious, useful tips to make bread at home.
This hands on class is a great way to start your journey of bread making.
Experience how quick and easy you can make a variety of breads from scratch that smell and look amazing and flavourful.
On the menu:
- French Baguette
Make baguette that is light with a crusty exterior and a soft, slightly chewy interior. Make dough, shape and bake.
Make fougasse with black olive and rosemary or semi dried tomato. Make dough, shape and bake.
- Fig & Walnut Bread
Make dough with blended white and rye flour with fig and walnut. Make dough, shape and bake.
- Hummus and Tzatziki dips
No Spots Left
About the Guest Chef
Pastry Chef Mayumi
Specialising in French pastry with an essence of her Japanese origin, Pastry Chef Mayumi creates pastries and desserts with love and truly enjoys sharing her passion with people. Mayumi is well travelled and has lived in several countries to train her palate and skills, working in Japan, France and Singapore with many passionate chefs. She was inspired by Olivier Bajard, a world pastry champion in France and worked with Olivier at his pastry school Ecole Internationale de Patisserie Olivier Bajard. In Australia, Mayumi has worked at Lake House (2 hats restaurant) in Victoria, Kazuki’s (1 hat restaurant) in Melbourne, The Bathers Pavilion (1 hat restaurant) and currently teaches Pastry at Le Cordon Bleu. She owns a pastry business "Mimi's Pastry" making cakes to order, and event catering. You can find her most Sundays at the Tramsheds grower market. Mayumi's motto is "Pastries for smiles". Sourcing goods from mostly local farmers, suppliers and her choice of ingredients from Europe and Japan. Always looking for something good for our body, environmentally friendly ingredients are important to Mayumi in making her sweet creations. That is also the reason she only does custom cakes to order to ensure there is no wastage, and her customers get freshly made pastries. It takes time and a lot of effort but this is important for her. She also supports the charity organisation "Two Good" to donate her cakes regularly to share the love to women who have experienced domestic violence. She now joins us at VIVE Cooking school to share her love and enjoyment of making these beautiful breads with you.Read More
- How to make French baguette.
- How to make Fougasse which is a leaf shaped bread.
- How to make Fig and Walnut Bread.
- How to make all dough to knead, shape and bake.
- Baking skills that will last you a lifetime.
- How to prepare and bake delicious French breads.
- Take home beautiful breads that you have made!
- The recipes for all the dishes prepared during the class.
- Your love of good quality French breads.
- We recommend you wear comfortable closed-toe shoes as you will be standing for most of the time.
This class is not suitable for gluten intolerant and Coeliac. Unfortunately, we are not able to cater for a substitute for this particular class.
- Cooking is all about team-work and sharing a good time, so the workstations are designed for two people. Therefore, if you have purchased one ticket only for this class and are coming by yourself, you will be paired with another guest. A great way to make new friends!
The VIVE Experience is best appreciated with a minimum of 6 guests in the kitchen. If this number hasn’t been reached 7 days prior to the class, VIVE Cooking School reserves the right to cancel it.
Yes, you can, we are fully licensed. You can purchase your drinks from us on the day. Please keep in mind that we will be using sharp tools and exposed to hot surfaces, and we reserve the right to refuse entry or ask students to leave the school if the staffs feel the person(s) is/are intoxicated or may cause harm to themselves or anyone else attending the scheduled class or event.
Important COVID-19 Update
- Hand-sanitizer will be made available.
- We recommend you to wear a face mask during the class.
- Disposable food-grade gloves will be made available.
- Individual eating-ware, drinking glass, water jugs will be provided at each workstation.
To combat the spread of the virus and to keep everyone safe, we can’t do it all alone, and we need your help. This is why we ask our students for the following:
- Please respect the social distancing rules, and stay at your allocated workstations.
- If you feel unwell before the class, please stay home and get in touch with us via email.
- Please refer to our COVID-19 update page for more information.
A truly unique experience to share with your friends
Cooking Skills that will last you a lifetime
Delicious dishes to enjoy with your fellow classmates during the class
Take Recipes Home
The recipes for all the dishes prepared during the class
Empowering your inner chef
Sydney’s hottest Cooking School, for passionate foodies who are searching for a deeper connection with how they shop, source, prepare and share food. VIVE is a place to Nourish, Inspire and Share.