COVID Update 30/9/21: We are excited to announce that following NSW Government’s latest announcement, we are re-opening our bookings from Saturday 6 November onwards. In line with NSW Health’s current public health order, only fully vaccinated students will be allowed to enter our venue and all staff will be wearing masks and check-in processes will be in place. For more information, please refer to our COVID Safety plan.
Chocolate Bonbons Workshop by Esti Garcia
We are lucky to have Esti Garcia in our kitchen to help us recreate his delicious chocolate creations.
No Spots Left
About the Guest Chef
Moving from Colombia to Sydney in 2007, Esti studied cooking and worked in various restaurants (such as Rockpool Bar and Grill, Porteno, Bodega Tapas Bar and Bodega 1904). Those experiences raised his interest for dessert making which he decided to take to another level by studying at Savour Chocolate and Patisserie School in Melbourne. A desire to travel and enrich his experiences saw him go to Spain and work at Bubo Patisserie in Barcelona where under the guidance of Carles Mampel Esti learnt the importance of every little details, colour, flavour or texture when making pastries and cakes. Travelled for a few months more around Spain and in San Sebastian and with some fellow Colombians opened a pop up restaurant to share their love for the food of their country. It was his last stop at L’ecole du Grand Chocolat Valrhona at Tain L’hermitage in France before returning to Australia that saw his love for chocolate turn into a passion which he now shares with his adoptive country. A strong believer in using only products of the highest standard, helping local artisans and communities along the way his work ethics are all about hard work, finesse, respect for ingredients and uniqueness. Esti was recently crowned the winner for best plated dessert award at Savour Patissier of the Year 2018 before a world class judging panel which included Frank Haasnoot, Melissa Coppel, Jerome Landrieu and Paul Kennedy.Read More
- Introduction to chocolate and tempering techniques. The difference between moulded bonbons, truffles, and enrobed chocolates.
- How to properly use cocoa butter: Melting/Tempering/Painting/as well as getting moulds clean and polished.
- How to temper and create chocolate shells for the bonbons.
- How to decorate the bonbons with chocolate decorations.
- How to make the Ganache filling.
- Expert knowledge and insights from Esti Garcia himself.
- Tempering techniques that are easy to do at home.
- The differences between real quality chocolate and industrial made, its origins and qualities.
- Tips and tricks for Ganache and flavour combinations with chocolate.
- Chocolate tasting and bonbons to take home.
- Your love of good quality Chocolates.
- We recommend you wear comfortable closed-toe shoes as you will be standing for most of the time.
In most cases we will be able to cater for food allergies. However as our number one priority is our students’ safety, we recommend you contact us on email@example.com to discuss your specific dietary.
- Cooking is all about team-work and sharing a good time, so the workstations are designed for two people. Therefore, if you have purchased one ticket only for this class and are coming by yourself, you will be paired with another guest. A great way to make new friends!
The VIVE Experience is best appreciated with a minimum of 6 guests in the kitchen. If this number hasn’t been reached 7 days prior to the class, VIVE Cooking School reserves the right to cancel it.
Yes, you can, we are fully licensed. You can purchase your drinks from us on the day. Please keep in mind that we will be using sharp tools and exposed to hot surfaces, and we reserve the right to refuse entry or ask students to leave the school if the staffs feel the person(s) is/are intoxicated or may cause harm to themselves or anyone else attending the scheduled class or event.
Important COVID-19 Update
- Hand-sanitizer will be made available.
- You will need to register your details on the Service NSW Safe Check-in app.
- Your proof of COVID-19 vaccination (2 doses) digital certificate will be checked.
- One of our team member will check your temperature.
- You must wear face mask during the class.
- Disposable food-grade gloves will be made available.
- Individual eating-ware, drinking glass, water jugs will be provided at each workstation.
To combat the spread of the virus and to keep everyone safe, we can’t do it all alone, and we need your help. This is why we ask our students for the following:
- Please respect the social distancing rules, and stay at your allocated workstations.
- If you feel unwell before the class, please stay home and get in touch with us via email.
- Please refer to our COVID-19 update page for more information.
A truly unique experience to share with your friends
Cooking Skills that will last you a lifetime
Delicious dishes to enjoy with your fellow classmates during the class
Take Recipes Home
The recipes for all the dishes prepared during the class
Empowering your inner chef
Sydney’s hottest Cooking School, for passionate foodies who are searching for a deeper connection with how they shop, source, prepare and share food. VIVE is a place to Nourish, Inspire and Share.