Assorted French Sweet Tarts
We all love classic tarts but often think they are too hard to achieve. In this class, we will show you how with a few basic techniques you can wow your guests with delicious, no-fail desserts.
Tarte Citron Meringue
Made with lemon curd & meringue to finish.
Tarte Trois Chocolats
Make this classic French mousse filling using 3 different kinds of chocolate. Decorate with milk chocolate & white chocolate Chantilly.
Tarte aux Fruits
Using your homemade pastry create this tart with Almond cream, mixed berry coulis & almond crumble topped with fresh fruits to finish.
No Spots Left
About The Guest Chef
Pastry Chef Mayumi
Specialising in French pastry with an essence of her Japanese origin, Pastry Chef Mayumi creates pastries and desserts with love and truly enjoys sharing her passion with people. Mayumi is well travelled and has lived in several countries to train her palate and skills, working in Japan, France and Singapore with many passionate chefs. She was inspired by Olivier Bajard, a world pastry champion in France and worked with Olivier at his pastry school Ecole Internationale de Patisserie Olivier Bajard. In Australia, Mayumi has worked at Lake House (2 hats restaurant) in Victoria, Kazuki’s (1 hat restaurant) in Melbourne, The Bathers Pavilion (1 hat restaurant) and currently teaches Pastry at Le Cordon Bleu. She owns a pastry business "Mimi's Pastry" making cakes to order, and event catering. You can find her most Sundays at the Tramsheds grower market. Mayumi's motto is "Pastries for smiles". Sourcing goods from mostly local farmers, suppliers and her choice of ingredients from Europe and Japan. Always looking for something good for our body, environmentally friendly ingredients are important to Mayumi in making her sweet creations. That is also the reason she only does custom cakes to order to ensure there is no wastage, and her customers get freshly made pastries. It takes time and a lot of effort but this is important for her. She also supports the charity organisation "Two Good" to donate her cakes regularly to share the love to women who have experienced domestic violence. She now joins us at VIVE Cooking school to share her love and enjoyment of making these beautiful pastries with you.Read More
- How to make sweet pastry.
- How to make smooth and great balanced classic Lemon meringue tart.
- How to make Chocolate tart using 3 kinds of chocolate (French classic pastry: Trois chocolats).
- How to make Fruit tart with pastry cream and seasonal fruits.
- Baking skills that will last you a lifetime.
- How to prepare and bake delicious French tarts.
- Delicious tarts to enjoy with your fellow classmates during the class.
- Take home 6 beautiful tarts that you have made!
- The recipes for all the dishes prepared during the class.
- Your love of good quality desserts.
- We recommend you wear comfortable closed-toe shoes as you will be standing for most of the time.
In most cases we will be able to cater for food allergies. However as our number one priority is our students’ safety, we recommend you contact us on email@example.com to discuss your specific dietary.
- Cooking is all about team-work and sharing a good time, so the workstations are designed for two people. Therefore, if you have purchased one ticket only for this class and are coming by yourself, you will be paired with another guest. A great way to make new friends!
The VIVE Experience is best appreciated with a minimum of 6 guests in the kitchen. If this number hasn’t been reached 7 days prior to the class, VIVE Cooking School reserves the right to cancel it.
Important COVID-19 Update
- Hand-sanitizer will be made available.
- You will need to register your details on the Service NSW Safe Check-in app.
- One of our team member will check your temperature.
- You must wear face mask during the class.
- Disposable food-grade gloves will be made available.
- Individual eating-ware, drinking glass, water jugs will be provided at each workstation.
To combat the spread of the virus and to keep everyone safe, we can’t do it all alone, and we need your help. This is why we ask our students for the following:
- Please respect the social distancing rules, and stay at your allocated workstations.
- If you feel unwell before the class, please stay home and get in touch with us via email.
- Please refer to our COVID-19 update page for more information.
A truly unique experience to share with your friends
Cooking Skills that will last you a lifetime
Delicious dishes to enjoy with your fellow classmates during the class
Take Recipes Home
The recipes for all the dishes prepared during the class
Empowering your inner chef
Sydney’s hottest Cooking School, for passionate foodies who are searching for a deeper connection with how they shop, source, prepare and share food. VIVE is a place to Nourish, Inspire and Share.