Chef Jodie teaches you the difference between a double boil and a bain-marie cooking technique.
For a double boil:
- Boil your water in a pot and then turn down to a simmer.
- Put the ingredients in a metal bowl and place on top of the pot.
- Mix slowly once it starts to melt.
- You can turn it down low and leave it for up to half an hour.
For a bain-marie:
- Use the same pot of water.
- Place the ingredients into a heat proof dish and place that into the water.
- Adjust temperature accordingly.